On Tuesday, between 10 and 11 a.m. EDT, space shuttle Discovery, mounted on the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft, will fly through the Washington, D.C., area on the way to its new home at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, part of the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum.
Photo: The space shuttle Atlantis is shown being ferried to NASA Kennedy Space Center in Florida in September 1998. (NASA)
Right now my plan is to go sit on the 14th street bridge to watch it come in… anybody have a better suggestion? Anybody want to join me?
12 Notes/ Hide
- alucinaconplanear reblogged this from lookhigh
- kingphiliptraum likes this
- natureandspace reblogged this from lookhigh
- durnflame reblogged this from lookhigh
- these-shackleson reblogged this from lookhigh and added:
- babygnarl likes this
- olebiscuit likes this
- xplanes likes this
- babywipesenthusiast reblogged this from alpha-lima-lima-papa and added:
- alpha-lima-lima-papa reblogged this from lookhigh
- lookhigh posted this